
Troy and I were invited to the Rangers/Yankee(2nd this week, they apparently won in a tight game Monday night) game by our friends Mike and Jana Sweet. They brought some other friends Chris and Amy- I don't think I got their last names, but they were fun. We were in a suite,an air conditioned box, on the 3rd base. There were other people whom we didn't know, but they all knew the host, Jimmy, a finacial investor. They had a buffet of yummy game food and dessert! We had a wonderful time with all the Sweet people and the game was super. Great plays by both teams and then "our team" won!! Because of the hurricane's leftovers, we had a cool breeze and some clouds, so it felt actually pleasant. The darkening sky gave a romantic feel to the massive packed stadium and lights and colors. Well, I thought it was romantic. It would have been awesome if they would have had fireworks. oh well. They did have a marriage proposal on the board at one point, so it must have been romantic to others as well. :) After the game, we walked back to the cars at Troy's office (about a mile down the road) while the traffic stayed constantly packed for a half hour. We waited for the busy roads to clear by the pond at the office. What a great day in Texas. It was almost like a movie!
2 comments:
Wow!! The last baseball game I went to was NOTHING like that. That sounds like so much fun! I think it is funny that the "pampered" people get all these distractions, food, etc. Could it be an indication that watching the game is potentially boring? Just a question.
Baseball games are much more fun in person with a fun group. I have never been in an air conditioned box before, we got the open air, good old beer smell everywhere, and all the noise. The company was enjoyable though.
Post a Comment