Thursday, August 13, 2009
Amusing an old mom
So, in the car we were listening to an oldie but a goodie from the 80's "Opportunities" from the Pet Shop Boys. Nathan asked why there wasn't anything good on the radio. I said all of the ones I flipped through were good. He then said "These guys don't even sing good." I laughed out loud for a while, and am still giggling inside. I am not sure how to convey the extreme humor in what was said. If you have ever listened to some of my older boys "music", I believe you might glimpse into my mind. Linkin Park, while it has some pretty good songs, pepper most of them with Yelling, rap (even tho this is against the house rules) and anger. Other songs, not coming to mind have a gravelly grunge sound/tenor to them. Look, I am not saying he can't enjoy them, I am not even saying I hate all of it, but the "good quality" of the singing in their selection isn't why they like their music choices. I like being amused by this. I was going to put in a song the boys like, but I don't want to make their grandmother cry. Some of them are intensely angry and unpleasant, but I didn't say it. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment