Thursday, January 21, 2010

I find it funny when people are in the grocery store with an earpiece phone in their ear and they have a full disclosure discussion with the invisible friend/whomever. I haven't put my finger on exactly what is so funny about it, but I was amused for the rest of the grocery store trip on Tuesday night. Am I embarrassed for this person? Am I disturbed she doesn't whisper? Am I sympathetic? Am I uncomforable with tmi? Am I hanging on to personal boundaries that no one can know about, but common courtesy would know? Am I encouraged by her ability to overcome her lost time in that horrible marriage? Am I gratified that she survived through the miracle of prayer? (I didn't stand by her, we just went down similar aisles.) Am I amazed at the liberal scattering of our personal lives to the world? I must be okay with it, I am writing a blog. I think it still amazes me though. So my response is an inward giggle, a smile and musings. . .

3 comments:

Denise said...

All those things Dels, all those things. Miss ya.

Hilary said...

It is worse when you realize you know the person on the other end of the line . . .

mindy said...

That has happened to me before. I think next time it happens, I am going to find a plant and start talking to it in front of them.