Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Refreshing morning


It was 51 degrees while I was picking Taylor from Seminary this morning and then taking him and Emma to school. They both were stunned at how cold it was as I paused to breathe in the almost crisp feeling of the air. Not a bad trade off for being awake.
I ended up taking Lucas to the park in Irving. It was so gorgeous out. I wish I would have worn better shoes. If I can figure out how to send my pictures from my phone to the computer, I have one of him singing wheeeeee on the swing. Half of the time we were there, he was chasing birds or the rocks he would throw. He squeezed in chatting with a grandma that was walking on the park path (mostly about his rock)and the park mowers. I walked around with him and enjoyed the beauty of summer,the chance to be outside watching a player at work and not having to be somewhere soon.
I have had moments when I dreaded going to the park. As I think about it, it was because I was either pregnant, pressed for time, or too hot. I am so glad we had this fun today, and that he is taking a nap so I can. . .do stuff like this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Taylor is in Seminary? When did that happen? He can't be that old yet.
You need to get Lucas chatting on film, since we miss it. How fun.
You should come up here, we have had some good weather lately, most days it gets to the low 80s, but the mornings and evenings are really nice.
BTW, Congratulations Jacob

LDS Mom said...

Glad you got to add the picture! Pictures seem to help those great memories stay closer to our everyday thoughts.

Thanks for sharing your moment with us.

mindy said...

How did I miss this cute picture? What a cutie!!! Thanks for sharing!