Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The walk to the mailbox isn't long. It is just a stretch your legs and break the indoor air. By the way, it is fantabulous outside right now. The crisp air, light breeze, sunshine. Yummy! Daniel, Lucas, and Jacob joined me today with light hearts and sweet enthusiasm for such a little break. Daniel repeated that he was going to carry the mail over and over. Lucas didn't want to stop at the mailbox, he could keep going no matter the calling and chasing. I have decided that I absolutely love the toddler walk. It brings a delighted giggle to my heart. And when he wears those tiny sneakers, I can't think of anything else I would rather see. Because I had not been able to find the key for a while (it had been in Jacob's backpack, I am sure that I accidentally closed his binder on the keys I was using), the mailbox was very full. Daniel was loaded down and dropped the load once, then again when he tripped on the step. I went to help and he assured me that he tripped, that was all. As he righted himself, he exhorted me to "Get Lucas! I can do this! Lucas is going to get away! Get Lucas!" Maybe it loses some of the meaning written down, but I thought is was so great of him. He is embracing this job, loving his brother, and directing me in dire circumstances. I guess I could worry that he will be a bossy child, but I am just loving how he is involved and helpful, and that he loves to do it.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I can totally hear Daniel saying that! He's so cute!

mindy said...

That is AWESOME!

How cute is that!? oooooh. I love blogs. I probably wouldn't have heard that story if you didn't have one.