Troy arranged for me to join him on his 2nd CMB class in Washington DC. in November. I spent a good deal of time figuring out the Metro and squeezing sight seeing in the few days we had. I have learned where some of the horror/thriller and sci-fi get some of their ideas on what is scary etc. I had no personal reference before. It was all interesting and I enjoyed getting to know a little of how to get off where you want to end up. The Smithsonian exhibits that I got to see (Air and Space, Natural History and National Art Museums) were great, but of course I couldn't see it all. Troy and I went on a night time tour of the memorials and the area. The memorials were much more moving in person than I thought they would be. In fact, I had many thoughts as we started the whole business, But I would like to dwell just on the fact that they were very impressive and most felt a bit sacred. I almost didn't go to Korean Memorial but was most impressed and was very moved as we walked around it and saw the faces. I would really like to go back and take the children.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
DC in the fall?winter
Troy arranged for me to join him on his 2nd CMB class in Washington DC. in November. I spent a good deal of time figuring out the Metro and squeezing sight seeing in the few days we had. I have learned where some of the horror/thriller and sci-fi get some of their ideas on what is scary etc. I had no personal reference before. It was all interesting and I enjoyed getting to know a little of how to get off where you want to end up. The Smithsonian exhibits that I got to see (Air and Space, Natural History and National Art Museums) were great, but of course I couldn't see it all. Troy and I went on a night time tour of the memorials and the area. The memorials were much more moving in person than I thought they would be. In fact, I had many thoughts as we started the whole business, But I would like to dwell just on the fact that they were very impressive and most felt a bit sacred. I almost didn't go to Korean Memorial but was most impressed and was very moved as we walked around it and saw the faces. I would really like to go back and take the children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment